Winner Recruitment are currently supporting one of the largest Pharmaceutical Distribution companies in the UK with the recruitment of their new Shift Manager. This role will be based in Lutterworth and covering the PM shift which is 2pm – 10pm, 5 out of 7 days.
Reporting into the Operations Manager, the Shift Manager provides a critical role delivering a successful operation. The Shift Manager will be responsible for the line management of the staff within the warehouse team, ensuring that all operational requirements for the department are met. Managing priorities within a fast paced and challenging environment, the Shift Manager will deliver results within the customer’s Service Level Agreement, ensuring all departmental KPIs are met. The Shift manager will ensure delivery of operational excellence for Safety, Quality, and efficiency daily, whilst staying focused on the needs of clients and patients. The Shift Manager will need to drive continuous improvement activities within their department and deliver measurable change. Central to the shift managers role is promoting teammate engagement across their department
You will be joining the business on a permanent basis and play a vital part in the distribution of the COVID19 vaccine.
This is a temporary controlled environment, and they cover ambient, chilled, and freezing temperatures, full uniform will be supplied for you to work in this environment.
My client is a rapidly expanding market leader, if you are looking for a long-term career path this is the right role and business for you.
The duties of the Shift Manager will be:
- Manage recruitment, induction, training, and appraisal of teammates
- Allocation and management of staff resource within budget, to meet KPI’s according to business needs
- Monitor operational performance to ensure daily operational and SLA targets are met
- Lead continuous improvement activities using lean management principles to drive improvements
- Take ownership to problem solve issues for clients and work collaboratively with other functions to find solutions for the end client/customer
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisations policies and procedures, including performance and absence management
- Implement, manage and maintain health and safety standards through engagement, pro-active identification of issues and root cause analysis
- Ensure compliance with Pharmaceutical Regulations in conjunction with the Quality Department, ensuring SOPs are maintained and adhered to
- Continually grow and develop teammates / create personal development plans for teammates
- Ensure that product is accurately moved and tracked both virtually and physically throughout the operation
- In addition to your normal duties you may be required to undertake other duties in line with the needs of the business and flexibility should be recognised as a prerequisite of the role
- Provide management cover one weekend in four to control operational emergencies such as, emergency lifesaving orders, temperature excursions, intruder activations or security breaches
- Become a subject matter expert in your area and share knowledge to develop others to become subject matter experts
The ideal Shift Manager will have:
- Experience in a supervisory role leading high performing teams and working in a fast moving environment
- Ability to effectively and purposefully analyse data, work to specific Service Level Agreements and manage teammates within KPI’s
- Ability to deliver and lead continuous improvement initiatives
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead a team
- Strong people management skills, and an ability to motivate and encourage strong teamwork
- Excellent IT skills, and knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems.
The salary for the role is £35,000
Hours of work are 2pm – 10pm, 5 out of 7 days.
Benefits include 33 days holiday (bank holidays are a working day, unless you book it off), company pension, car parking).
Full training is given, and you must be able to spend a week in Haydock, accommodation and travel will be covered by the company.