Winner Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Property Manager to join a very reputable independent Estate Agents based in Central London. During the current situation, this role will be home based, so you will be required to have 1-2 year’s experience within a similar role so you are able to hit the ground running with managing your own portfolio of 200 properties.
This will be a very hands-on role and you will be liaising with tenants, landlords and maintenance companies daily. Day to day management of residential properties within the Central London area, arranging repairs and maintenance for the properties and dealing with the legal side of property management, including tenancy agreements, and providing legal advice, so you must be compliant with all legal elements of letting and leasehold legislation.
The duties of the Property Manager will include:
- Managing a portfolio of over 200 residential properties in and around the Central London area
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety Regulations and Leasehold Legislation, ie Gas Certificates, EPC Certificates, HMO Licences.
- Dealing with tenant repairs and addressing each repair in order of priority
- Arranging inventories and checkouts
- Registering deposits within the government scheme and dealing with deposits disputes as they arise at the end of each tenancy.
- Assist tenants and landlords with any queries, either by telephone or email within a set timeframe
- Liaising with contractors, in person, writing and by phone to make sure all repairs are addressed promptly on time and within budget.
- Handling insurance claims as and when they arise.
- Liaise with landlords and tenants for upcoming renewals of their tenancies.
- Book in property inspections on a six-monthly basis and send the report to the landlord with any comments that are needed.
The ideal Property Manager will have:
- Property Management experience within an estate agency background.
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office and a good level of numeracy.
- A good telephone manner, written, communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to deal contractors and tenants firmly and effectively under pressure.
- A good knowledge of legal framework for property management.
- Familiarity with Residential Leases/Tenancies is also desirable.
The salary for this role is circa £30,000
Hours of work will be 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday (currently this role will be home based)