Winner Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Production Administrator to join a leading UK metal stockholder. They produce various metals including aluminium, steel, titanium, nickel, alloy and hi tech metals.
With 3 sites across the UK and 300 sites globally, you will be based in the North Birmingham office, and work on a rotational shift basis Monday – Friday. 1 week 10am – 2pm and 1 week 2pm – 10pm.
The ideal candidate will have Transport Planning and Manufacturing experience
Duties of the Production Administrator will include:
• Plan transport loads and routes based on the site delivery matrix and sales order due dates ensuring that driver hours and vehicle payload is not exceeded.
• Plan collections from suppliers, subcontractors and returned goods from customers.
• Approve out and book in all branch transferred goods keeping all signed copies and communicating any queries immediately
• Agree any deliveries via outside carriers or hire driver with local GM or OM and raise sundry purchase order to cover additional costs.
• Plan collection of scrap in a timely manner
• Despatch confirm deliveries for invoicing and ensure all returned paperwork (manifests, load lists, delivery notes) are signed in line with company procedure, dated by customers to confirm the delivery.
• Check all returned delivery paperwork complies with reliance corporate rules, two signatures for despatched or collected goods, plus customer or collector receipt signatures, accurately file and scan all paperwork.
• Create delivery manifests for deliveries and collections, raise delivery notes and branch transfers.
• Ensure all outgoing and incoming trunkers have correct paperwork; all goods are approved and correctly receipted back in.
• Manage the supplier delivery booking in process, update incoming deliveries on the daily team meeting boards. Ensure nothing is delivered early without agreement from procurement team.
• Ensure all incoming goods are inspected by the goods-in operator, load all incoming goods onto the system, generate stock labels, ensure the stock labels are attached correctly to the material by the works team
• Ensure all supplier delivery paperwork, test certificates are checked against PO and online metals database correctly scanned into the system and all paperwork is accurately filed.
• Review orders due to be processed, print off job sheets, review stock allocations, write up any special instructions, and pass to production planning.
• Plan orders to a delivery load using the transport planning screen
• Monitor and inspect all returned works orders to ensure shop floor down dating of stock and return of offcuts to stock has all been completed correctly.
• Amend any batch costs, where further value is added, such as scanning.
• Ensure accurate scanning and filing systems are maintained.
• Provide information to the operations team on capacity, output etc.
• Support all operations continuous improvement activities, TPM, Gemba Walks etc.
• Review and investigate ‘not found’ stock items
• Check outstanding transfer report and deal with any queries
• Ensuring all other company policies and procedures are adhered to
• Provide proactive, efficient and effective communication to all internal and external customers.
• Efficiently and effectively action all e-mails, phone calls reference progress information, queries and questions on job status, goods receipt or goods despatch.
• Provide a professional, efficient, effective face to operations, positively responding to, supporting sales, works, finance, transport people who need information from operations.
• Support during stock check including any reasonable duties as required
The ideal Production Administrator will have:
• Experience within transport planning and manufacturing
• Experience within a similar role
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Flexibility to work at different branches around UK where required
• Well organised, good planning skills.
• Ability to work without daily management, using own initiative
• Full UK driving licence would be an advantage
• Experience of ISO 9001 & AS9100 would be an advantage but not essential
The salary for this role is circa £22,700
Hours of work are rotational shift basis Monday – Friday. 1 week 10am – 2pm and 1 week 2pm – 10pm
28 days holiday including the bank holidays, moving to 25 after 1 full calendar year and increasing to 30 days after 5 years of service, pension, life assurance and death in service package