Winner Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Optometrist to join a leading Optical and Hearing Care Company based in Sherborne, Dorset.
As the Optometrist you will examine patients’ eyes, give advice on visual problems and prescribe and fit optical appliances such as spectacles and/or contact lenses where needed. You will recognise eye diseases, such as glaucoma and cataract, as well as general health conditions such as diabetes.
Your role will be to provide an efficient optometry service ensuring every customer receives excellent care. You will need to be friendly, approachable, polite and helpful, comfortable woking as part of a team and able to answer questions and queries by utilising your excellent optical knowledge.
The duties of the Optometrist will include:
· To examine and test patient eyes and eyesight, prescribe the most appropriate optical appliances to those who need them after taking account of each patient’s visual, lifestyle and vocational needs, giving advice on lens type, frames and styling
· Diagnose, manage and advise on any vision defects, signs of injury, ocular diseases or abnormalities
· Discuss vision-related matters with patients, and offer advice and reassurance, referring the patient to a medical practitioner if needed
· To support maximization and profitability of the business by working with all staff in a supportive manner and assisting in the daily branch tasks where appropriate
· Make the most of all sales opportunities whilst working towards achieving Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
· To contribute to the provision and development of an efficient optometry service, whilst maintaining the reputation of the Company at all times
· Respect confidentiality of information regarding customers, staff and the Company in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and be familiar with, and at all times comply with, the Company’s policy relating to Safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults
· Be flexible as to locality as necessitated through emergencies, sickness or holidays, or as a consequence of insufficient patient numbers at your principle practices
· To maintain the reputation of the Company and ensure the highest quality of standards in services and goods are provided to the customers at all times
· Communicate effectively with customers at all times and make positive recommendations after each consultation
· Ensure full and detailed clinical records are retained to facilitate the clinical management of the patient and continuity of care
· To develop good management practice through compliance with company systems and procedures
· Work within legal, ethical and governance framework keeping abreast of current changes
· Develop good management, leadership and communication skills
· To communicate and liaise effectively with other members of the branch
· To attend, prepare for and participate in courses organised by the Company
· To assist or carry out any additional tasks associated with the main function (above) as required by line manager
The Optometrist will have:
· Relevant qualifications in order to practise as an Optometrist and maintain registration with the GOC and National Performers List
· Compliance with the GOC Standards of Practice for Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians and any other professional requirements needed including CET accreditation