An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Supervisor to assist a transport operation based in Rugby.
Working week: Monday – Friday 08:00-17:00 with on call
Working hours: circa 40 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working within a team as well as independently and have a great attention to detail. This will be rewarded with a great working experience, a competitive salary with bonuses and the chance to be part of a growing success.
- Control of a fleet of vehicles and drivers.
- Update all drivers shift patterns onto a rota.
- Liaising with driver’s to confirm shifts, sickness, holiday requests and overtime.
- Vehicle and Driver compliance
- Vehicle servicing and R&M tracking
- Liaising with the drivers and the clients on a daily basis to ensure the smooth running of the operation.
- Liaising with drivers and depots to deal with any issues or complaints that arise.
- Investigating and reporting any incidents between the depot and drivers, including updating and maintaining an incident report log.
- Recording & maintaining all driver records; including legal compliance and driver infringements.
- To participate in an on-call rota to support the out of hours.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent as a minimum.
- Excellent communicator and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate with experience with Microsoft Office
- A “Can-Do” attitude and willingness to succeed
- Ability of working within a small team and under minimum supervision.
- Full driving license
- A good understanding of the transport industry, compliance, driver’s hours and working time directive is desired but not essential as training will be given.
In return we can offer a salary of £18,000-£23,000, Bonuses, company laptop, mobile phone.