Winner Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Category Manager to join one of the UKs leading online retailers of consumer electronics, managing their components category. Based at their head office in Sutton Coldfield our client are well established in the market and have been in business for over 20 years.
You will be joining the existing components team and be responsible for the profit and loss of key brands or categories and managing key vendor relationships, maximising the revenue and profit of the category through negotiation with suppliers and manufacturers. Dealing with buying, pricing, promotions, merchandising, marketing, stock management and competitor analysis of the category.
You will be a strong negotiator who loves a deal and thrives in working in an entrepreneurial environment. You will have good commercial acumen and the ability to work in a fast past environment selling across multi channels.
Experience of managing a components category is required including knowledge of motherboards, graphic cards, cooling accessories and sound cards
The duties of the Category Manager will be:
- Be responsible for the revenue and margin of the components category against monthly targets.
- Manage the relationship with Vendors and Suppliers
- Own the component category offering online, including product ranging, customer journey, stock holding, and product selection, pricing, attach and content.
- Be a product champion for your category identifying new products and trends working across online sales channels, sales teams.
- Negotiation of pricing with manufacturers and suppliers on a daily basis.
- Manage Pricing Strategy for the components category
- Work with the company Website Content team to set-up products on the companies Internal system, taking responsibility for full product merchandising including images, videos, descriptions and specification across the company website and marketplaces.
- Understand Key Competitors and regularly check pricing across all channels to ensure we are maximising profit across the category.
- Manage Marketing and Rebates Funds to vendors.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders on the marketing strategy for each product and range
- Analysing of key reports for the category.
- Raising stock orders with suppliers to ensure we are maintaining suitable levels of stock across product categories and for our Cube range of PC’s.
- Liaise with internal teams around product queries, pricing issues, product returns and delivery of orders.
- Liaise with suppliers and vendors which relate to products.
The ideal Category Manager will have:
- 3 years’ buying experience ideally gained working for an online retailer buying and selling in the components category.
- The understanding of supply chain and brands for components working within an SI environment.
- A Self-starter attitude and be target driven and thrives in working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Good range of negotiation skills to help manage strategic partnerships.
- Good time management and the ability to manage multiple tasks along with strong team-working skills and the ability to work in a fast paced online environment.
- Understanding of online websites and marketplaces along with basic category management practises.
- Ability to communicate both internally and externally via phone and email to navigate external systems and websites.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- An energy and passion and always aim to strive for perfection
Salary for this role will be circa £30,000 plus commission
Hours of work Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm
Benefits include 33 days holiday including the bank holidays, free on-site parking, company pension, staff discounts on all products