Winner Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager to work for an environmental services company based in Stafford.
You will be required to grow the Pump Systems and Sewage Treatment side of the business, so experience and knowledge within this area is required.
You will be based in the Stafford area, but you will cover the whole of the UK.
The duties of the Business Development Manager will include:
- Increase the pump business by selling, overseeing and managing the supply and installation of pump and sewage treatment plants to both new and existing customers
- Management of sub-contractors to fulfil installation projects.
- Selling service contracts on pump station and sewage treatment plants to new customer
- A requirement of this role is to participate in the out of hours duty manager rota
- Produce quotes for the supply and installation and any other technical solutions for pump works, as per customer requirements within a timely manner of receipt of request
- Update customers, systems and portals directly, in a timely manner
- Liaise with customers directly on their requirements
- Follow up with customers on those quotes that have been submitted but not yet accepted, to encourage customer acceptance
- Order any stock as required for quotes accepted and liaise with Warehouse Manager regarding stock requirements
- Manage and oversee sub-contractors on the installation of new equipment to ensure that all equipment is installed to manufacturer’s standards
- Develop a network of sub-contractors that can work nationally to the required H&S standards
- Ensure that accepted quotes are scheduled and completed in a timely manner and to the required customer expectations, meeting all cost parameters and required margins
- Liaise with the scheduling team to ensure that in-house engineer commission and test newly installed equipment to the manufacturer’s guidelines
- Ensure customers are signed up to a service contract
- Support the billing officer to ensure the jobs are invoiced in a timely manner
- Deal with any customer escalations in relation to quoted works
The ideal Business Development Manager will have:
- Experience within the pump systems and sewage treatment industry
- Technical knowledge of pump systems and sewage treatment plants essential
- Prince 2 project management qualification desirable
- Experience of leading project teams to deliver to time, cost and quality in a demanding environment essential
- Full driving licence essential as there will be a large element of travel required, depending on location of customer and projects
Salary for this salary is circa £40,000