Winner Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join a logistics company based in Tamworth. This is such an exciting time to join this company due to great expansion within the industry, and a clear strategic roadmap to develop the business over the next three years and this role will be critical in the ultimate success of their objectives.
Key deliverables will be strategic account plans, developing pipeline opportunities and delivering revenue and margin targets whilst forging customer relationships.
You will need to have Logistics and Distribution Sales experience to be considered for this role.
The duties of the Business Development Manager will be:
- Research, identify and generate new business opportunities using internet, business directories, existing database and additional channels where appropriate
- Producing robust business plans that exceed sales and profit targets
- Building, Converting and closing new business pipeline opportunities
- Dealing with new client enquiries and driving sales forward
- Building a detailed understanding or customers, markets and competitors
- Preparing proposals and quotations for new clients
- Ownership of response to tender enquiries
- Ensure that new clients are fully aware of the range of company services and comprehensive understanding of the customers challenges.
- Ensure effective implementation of all new client accounts
- Work with Marketing to develop sector and industry specific marketing campaigns and propositions
- Daily update of CRM customer records, opportunities and cases and effective communication of new developments with colleagues
- Effective liaison and communication with other departments and teams, especially the Operations Team
- Ensure you have a good understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be able to advise others about them
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world
The ideal Business Development manager will have:
- Experience of new business within the logistics and distribution industry
- The ability to build relationships
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A full UK driving licence
The salary for this role is circa £40,000 depending on experience
Benefits include, company car, laptop and mobile phone
Hours of work are Monday – Friday 40 hours per week