Winner Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Assistant Branch Manager to join a leading Optical and Hearing Care Company based in High Wycombe.
As an Assistant Branch Manager, you will assist the Branch Manager by driving the store’s progress, setting standards, inspiring staff by leading by example. You will ensure everyone within your team is equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to reach their goals, inspiring them to provide the excellent customer service, that our business is built upon.
You will be an integral member of the management team, accountable for the KPI’s and driving the business forward whilst mentoring the team. You will drive a strong customer focused culture within your team that aims to deliver an outstanding overall customer experience.
You must have optical experience for this role.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Branch Manager will be:
- Assist the Branch Manager with the full operational running of the branch, proactively leading, managing, training and mentoring all staff, maintaining a positive team environment
- Be commercially aware and make the most of all sales opportunities whilst working towards achieving Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), in accordance with branch expectations and budget, whilst managing all branch activities to ensure year on year sales growth
- Serve customers enthusiastically, booking appointments skilfully demonstrating the highest levels of customer service and care, advising customers on frame and lens choice, driving branch profitability
- Have the ability to deal with customer queries and complaints, providing prompt, efficient and competent assistance to resolve customer issues, exceeding customer expectations
- Ensure the branch optimises all sales opportunities at all times by assisting and actively promoting new promotions to colleagues and customers, having a good confident product knowledge
- Ensure that all marketing and promotional activities are implemented as required and the frame matrix and stock levels are maintained at all times
- Ensure all staff adhere to all company systems, procedures, policies and regulations
- Be the first point of contact in running the branch in the Branch Managers absence, liaising effectively with the Area/Regional management team, highlighting any issues
- To contribute to the provision and development of an efficient optometry and hearing service, whilst maintaining the reputation of the Company at all times
- Assist with inductions and the on-going training of all staff within the branch
- Complete administration tasks including assisting with branch figures, clinical queries, general and filing, maintain accurate patient records
- Fit, adjust and repair spectacles when needed and carry out triage exercises with hearing customers
- Respect confidentiality of information regarding customers and staff in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and be familiar with, and at all times comply with, the Company’s policy relating to Safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults
- Be flexible as to locality as necessitated through emergencies, sickness or holidays
The ideal Assistant Branch Manager will have:
- Experience within a similar role
- Experience of managing and leading a team
- Optical experience
Salary for this role is circa £19,000
Hours for this role are: 9am-5pm