Winner Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Assistant Buyer to join a leading UK metal stockholder. They produce various metals including aluminium, steel, titanium, nickel, alloy and hi tech metals.
They have 3 sites in the UK and over 300 sites globally.
This role will be based in North Birmingham.
The ideal candidate will have Metal or Buying experience.
Duties of the Assistant Buyer will include:
- To raise sub-contractor purchase orders for the branches
- Raising of PR purchase orders
- Negotiating the best price with supplier for non-core stock items
- Assisting with stock control
- Liaise with suppliers, ensuring due dates are met or where not, amendments are made and communicated
- Maintain a purchase register ensuring all details are correct
- Check supplier order acknowledgements against our orders
- Advise suppliers of any discrepancies
- Liaise with suppliers with reference to concessions and communicate with sales
- Collate and maintain supplier, documentation etc ie catalogues
- Attendance at any relevant ‘vendor meetings’ is required which may require occasional days out of the normal office environment
- As and when required to entertain suppliers, attend any required training and courses, attend conferences and any other exhibitions and required business events
- Support stock check including any reasonable duty required
- Other tasks and activities as deemed necessary by the Branch Manager and or Purchasing Manager
The ideal Assistant Buyer will have:
- Experience in either buying or metal and steel
- Interpersonal skills, particularly verbal communication using the telephone
- Be numerate and computer literate
- Have a pleasant, confident manner for dealing with a range of people
- Be able to work well as a member of a team
- Have the ability to analyse and assess information
- Be well organised and methodical
- Pay attention to detail
- Have good negotiation skills
- Be able to work to deadlines
The salary for this role is circa £25,000
Hours of work are Monday – Thursday 9am – 5.30pm and 9am – 5pm Friday
28 days holiday including the bank holidays, moving to 25 after 1 full calendar year and increasing to 30 days after 5 years of service, pension, life assurance and death in service package