Midlands operating in the general haulage sector and working with a range of customers from small family-owned businesses right through to multi-nationals. They provide transport and related services on both an ad-hoc and contractual basis.
Based at our office in Walsall, West Midlands you will be responsible for all credit control and accounts related tasks including but not limited to:
Raising sales invoices on SAGE
- Updating sales ledger
- Chasing overdue invoices
- Inputting purchase invoices
- Authorising purchase invoices for payment
- Inputting employee hours
- Creating weekly and monthly reports
- Monitoring drivers’ hours and carrying out routine compliance checks
- Maintain contact with existing customers and deal with potential customer enquiries
- Maintain internal records and databases with up-to-date information
- Manage vehicle hire process
- Monitor vehicle maintenance costs
- Monitor business expense costs including employee mileage etc
- Work with other areas of the business to ensure an efficient and cost-effective operation
The successful candidate will require:
Excellent communication skills
Ideally experience in a HGV/LGV environment but not essential
Excellent numeracy/literacy and IT skills
Experience using an accounts system – preferably Sage
Most importantly a passion for the job
In return the company will offer to the right candidate a permanent position within a fast-growing company, 28 days holiday and career progression opportunities. This is a part time role of 20 hours per week, Monday – Friday 2pm till 6pm, at an hourly rate of £9 per hour.
This role would suit an individual seeking a career in the accountancy profession or someone who has been in the accountancy field and is now looking for a part time role to build around other commitments.