Winner Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Sales Ledger Administrator to join one of the UK’s leading childcare company’s whose Mission is to deliver high-quality childcare and exciting opportunities for learning that gives every child a head start as they prepare for school. Our client is looking for a Sales Ledger Administrator to join our very busy team in the Shenstone.
Knowledge and experience of excel to intermediate level and Bank reconciliations are essential and previous experience within a similar environment would be desirable. A good telephone manner, confidence in dealing with internal customers and parents, via email, phone or face to face is essential
The role involves assisting and processing financial data on a monthly basis for allocated nurseries in a professional, competent and timely manner.
The Sales Ledger Administrators responsibilities include:
- Ensuring nurseries process monthly fees in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with the company timetable.
- Detailed knowledge of the nursery billing system and resolution of complex billing queries to assist the nursery administrator with the production of the monthly invoices.
- Administration and collection of monthly direct debit batches in accordance with the company timetable including amendments to files as advised by nurseries, the creation of BACS files and submission to banks.
- Monthly download and analysis of failed direct debits and creation of CSV files for import to the nursery billing system.
- Ensuring nurseries administer accurate, complete and timely input of receipts to the nursery billing system.
- Reviewing the validity of parent refunds requested by nurseries and processing the Bacs refunds using bank payment software.
- Creation and posting of nominal journals for miscellaneous receipts and inter-company bank transfers.
- Accurate and timely completion of monthly bank reconciliations in accordance with the company timetable for a specified set of nurseries using the automated bank reconciliation software.
- Accurate and timely completion of weekly petty cash reconciliations for a specified set of nurseries using the accounting software.
- Resolution of queries for unreconciled bank and petty cash transactions to ensure that there are no incorrect unreconciled entries older than one month at the month end close.
- Maintaining a tidy and accurate sales ledger including processing transfers between accounts, allocations and adjustments.
- Set up and maintenance of local authority accounts on the nursery billing system, including administration of the correct term dates for each local authority
- Ensuring nurseries administer free entitlement funding in line with company procedure and local authority guidelines and completing termly funding reconciliations.
- Maintaining accurate fee rates for nurseries on the nursery billing software including entering fee increases as advised by the operations department.
- Checking of monthly staff salary deductions for nursery fees to ensure all fee paying staff are accounted for.
- Daily imports from general ledger and bank statements to bank reconciliation software
- Daily creation of excel files for import of credit card payments and voucher payments to the nursery billing system.
- Occasional involvement in testing system upgrades.
- Assisting with implementation of the nursery billing system for new acquisitions/openings.
- Dealing politely with all queries from nurseries and parents in a timely manner and maintaining good relationships with other members of the sales ledger team.
- Assisting with training for new members of the sales ledger team and new nursery administrators including occasional visits to nurseries.
- Assisting with any other ad hoc duties requested by the sales ledger supervisor as and when required by the business.
The position is 35 hours per week (Mon - Fri)
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Hols in 1st year rising to 25 days plus Bank Hols in 2nd Year
- Subsidised childcare available
- Health Cash Benefits Scheme available
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Employers’ contribution to pension scheme